Top 20 Funniest Websites For Inbound Marketing Ideas
Marketing inspiration can come from anywhere. It could be anything and everything around you and one of the best places to look for inspiration is funny websites - something to tickle your funny bone and get the creative juices flowing.
Humor is a great way to get your message across, especially online. Humor reigns supreme on the Internet – think of all those cat pictures and videos of people falling over or the number of Internet anagrams there are for “laughing out loud”. As a marketer, you want to provide content that people like and people like funny. Humor is a great tool for inbound marketing because it attracts audiences and they’re more likely to share it with their friends. Inbound marketing dream, right?
So if you’re looking for some comical inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 funny websites to give you a bit of a giggle and hopefully boost your brainstorming.
1. Break - An online entertainment website filled with content for guys.
2. College Humor - Showcases videos, articles, content, and interactive features all submitted by fans.
3. FailBlog - Upload funny videos and watch 1000s.
4. The Onion - “America’s Finest News Source”
5. eBaumsworld - Funny entertainment through videos, cartoons, and games.
6. Cracked - American comedy website that was originally a comedy magazine.
7. xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language.
8. funnyorDie - Video website with a combination of user-generated content and original exclusive content.
9. Icanhascheezburger - A blog featuring lolcats.
10. FARK - A news aggregator and an editorial social networking news site of weird and notable funny news.
11. JibJab - An internet video-making company .
12. MyLife - Share your everyday life unfortunate moments and other fail funny stories.
13. Heavy - Online video company creating unparalleled entertainment experiences.
14. ComedyCentral - Television channel with various comedians
15. FunnyJunk - A collection of funny junk!
16. NothingToxic - Videos, animations, blogs, links, and games.
17. atom - Digital comedy network
18. I am bored - If you’re bored, see website (but finish reading the blog first)
19. Something Awful - Daily internet news.
20. AlbinoBlackSheep - Interactive, creative, humorous work.
B2B inbound marketing can benefit from having a bit of humor thrown in every so often. Think of how many people will look forward to your email or will share your content with a colleague. You can use humor to your advantage. So why not try it next time you create marketing content, give your audience a bit of a giggle and see how they respond.
We've created a whitepaper that's free to download if you think Your Marketing Strategy could do with a boost.